Wednesday 10 July 2013

Kale Noodle Bowl with Avocado Miso Dressing

I finally went grocery shopping, hooray! I've been wanting to try a recipe involving kale, but as I am still fairly unfamiliar with this particular super-food, I wasn't quite sure how to use it. I came across this recipe (on Pinterest) and thought it sounded quite intriguing, yet simple enough for me to actually make, I thought I'd go for it. The only thing holding me back was that some of the ingredients it called for were not staples in my regular fridge/pantry stock, and I had been a little lazy on the grocery shopping as of late. But lo and behold, I finally bit the bullet and went so that I could actually make some of the recipes that I'd been hoarding on Pinterest for some time now.


This recipe was fairly simple to make but definitely packs a nutritional punch! And the dressing is quite tasty, I found myself wondering what it might taste like on a salad... perhaps I'll dabble with that later. The original recipe can be found here, or you can follow my own version! It consists of...
- kale
- buckwheat soba noodles (or feel free to experiment with a noodle of your choice)
- a medium avocado
- garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- miso paste
- sesame seeds
- water

How to make it:
1. (Check the cooking instructions for your noodles, but if you want to know what I did...) Bring a pot of water to a boil, add noodles and boil for about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with warm water.
2. Cut up kale into ribbons (or just chop up if you don't have the patience).
3. In a blender, add your avocado, a clove or 2 of garlic, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 3 tbsp of miso paste and 3/4 cup of water and blend until smooth.
4. Combine everything in a bowl and garnish with sesame seeds.

A Variation:
Try making it into a salad by using crunchy noodles instead (and if you do, please tell me how it turned out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment