Tuesday 30 July 2013

Chipotle Lime Corn

It's odd how I never thought to add anything to my corn before I stumbled across this recipe. Say no to boring corn with this delicious Chipotle Lime Corn that just explodes with flavor! I swear it's worth the messiness. Makes a perfect side dish.


Inspired by this recipe, my Chipotle Lime Corn consists of...
- corn on the cob
- butter/margerine
- mayo (I like to use light)
- chipotle seasoning
- cilantro
- lime juice
- parmesan cheese 

How to make it:
1. Prepare your corn by either boiling it or cooking it in the oven.
a) To Boil: Place corn on the cob in a pot of boiling water for 15-20 minutes. Brush with  butter/margerine.
b) To Cook: Brush corn on the cob with butter or margerine and place in the oven covered in tin foil   for 30 minutes. Remove tin foil and cook for another 15 minutes.
(Personally, I recommend boiling it just because it's faster)
2. In a small bowl, combine mayo, chipotle seasoning, lime juice, and chopped cilantro to taste.
3. Add a heaping spoonful of your mayo mixture to each corn on the cob, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment