Monday 11 March 2013

Eggs Not So Benny

Tonight I felt like having breakfast for dinner and decided to give myself a bit of a challenge- poached eggs instead of fried. But I didn't have the equipment to make hollandaise sauce, so eggs benedict was out. Instead I made myself a bit of a modified version, or as I've decided to call it, "Eggs Not So Benny". Probably healthier without the hollandaise sauce anyway...


A great breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner, snack, or whatever really. Let's face it, all day breakfast was probably the most brilliant mealtime innovation since sliced bread (which I really don't eat... too boring)! My little creation here consists of...
- crumpet
- egg
- brie cheese
- asparagus
- avocado
- margerine/butter (I like margerine- more spreadable)

How to make it:
1. Toast and butter (or margerine) your crumpet.
2. Poach your egg (I use a poachie, but do it however works best for you).
3. Chop up a few asparagus spears and slice up your brie and avocado.
4. Set your poached egg on the crumpet and top up with brie (preferably while the egg is still hot so it can melt a little), avocado, and asparagus.

Simple, uncomplicated, but delicious (and nutritious)!

No comments:

Post a Comment