Saturday 21 September 2013

Paprika Popcorn Cauliflower

I can't say I've ever really been a big cauliflower fan, or even really eaten it much, but for some reason this recipe caught my attention. Maybe it's because it made me think of my Grandma, whose favourite meal is chicken paprika (a traditional Hungarian dish). Not only is this recipe awesome because of the many health benefits of cauliflower, but it is so low on ingredients and so easy to make (not to mention vegan and gluten-free)! Makes a super healthy and hearty side-dish for any meal. It's also pretty tasty.


Slightly adapted from this recipe, my Paprika popcorn cauliflower consists of...
- a head of cauliflower
- olive oil
- paprika
- seasoning salt
- pepper

How to make it:
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and cut your cauliflower into florets.
2. In a bowl, combine cauliflower, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of paprika, and a sprinkling of seasoning salt and some pepper.
3. Spread out onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until florets become brown around the edges.

A Variation: For an added kick, try adding chili pepper or a hint of Tabasco!

No comments:

Post a Comment