Sunday 7 April 2013

Sweet Potato Stir-Fry

Hello again! I know it's been a while since I've posted anything, I guess I've gotten lazy with my cooking... I did make this a little while ago but then it was Passover and I thought it would just be cruel to post it, and then I got busy with stuff and kind of forgot... but here is my sweet potato stir-fry!


It's a healthy and easy way to use up the stuff in your fridge, and makes good leftovers too! My stir-fry consisted of...
- rice
- sweet potato
- red pepper
- yellow pepper
- asparagus
- Spanish onion
- garlic
- snap peas
- green onion
- olive oil
- curry powder
- ginger powder
- cinnamon

How to make it:
1. Prepare rice- I would recommend following the instructions on the bag just to be safe, but with mine you added 2 cups of water and 1 cup of rice to a pot, brought it to a boil, and let simmer for about 15 minutes (until the water is all absorbed).
2. Chop up vegetables, put all vegetables in a pot of water, bring to a boil and let simmer about 7-8 minutes or until desired tenderness. Drain vegetables.
3. Stir-fry veggies with rice in a pan with olive oil over medium heat. Mix in curry powder, ginger powder, and cinnamon, spicing to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment